Collision Reporting

We now have two locations to serve you better.

Cambridge Collision Reporting Centre

Towed or Drivable Vehicles

150 Maple Grove Road, Cambridge, Ontario, between Police Headquarters and Regional Emergency Medical Services.

Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Waterloo Collision Reporting Centre

Drivable Vehicles Only

45 Columbia St. E, Waterloo Ontario

Monday to Friday, 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. 

Frequently Asked Questions

 When should a driver report a collision at a Collision Reporting Centre?

 Report a collision to a Collision Reporting Centre providing it does not involve:
  • Personal injury or death;
  • Any criminal activity, such as an impaired driver, stolen vehicles, assaults
  • A vehicle transporting dangerous goods;
  • A person who's drivers license is suspended or is not insured;
  • Damage to private, municipal or highway property;
  • A pedestrian or cyclist;
  • An uncooperative driver;

If any of the above circumstances exist, an officer should attend the scene. Call 911 for emergencies, or 519-570-9777 for non-emergency situations.

"The Highway Traffic Act of Ontario requires that all collisions involving injury or death, or where the damage apparently exceeds $2,000.00 (combined) or where there is damage to highway property must be reported to the police forthwith."

Any person who has been involved in a collision who fails to attend at the Centre when directed by a police officer or when otherwise required by law is guilty of an offence.  

What if my vehicle is not drivable?

If your vehicle is not driveable, please remain at the scene. Contact us at 519-570-9777 for further direction and to determine if an officer is required to attend. You will then need to arrange a tow to the Cambridge Police Reporting Centre 150 Maple Grove Road, Cambridge, Ontario. We recommend arranging a tow through the Waterloo Region Towing Association at 519-654-3515.

Can Fail to Remain (Hit & Run) collisions be reported at a Collision Reporting Centre?

Yes, providing the collision meets the reporting criteria and the suspect is not known. A police officer will be dispatched to the scene if the suspect vehicle is still in the area of the collision.

What steps need to be taken when a collision occurs?

Check the list of exceptions to determine if it is necessary to have police attend the scene.   If it is safe to do so, remove the vehicle(s) from the roadway. If any vehicle cannot be moved or it is not safe to move it, call the police and await further instructions.

Exchange information with the other driver(s). Ensure you gather as much information about the other driver and any available witnesses, including name, address, home and business phone numbers, vehicle information and insurance information.

As soon as possible, attend the Centre with your vehicle during operating hours. If your vehicle is being towed, it must be taken directly to the Maple Grove Road Reporting Centre, without receiving any repairs or alterations.   Under no circumstance will vehicles be stored at the Centre.

Bring your drivers licence, the vehicle permit and insurance slip with you to the Centre.

If an officer attends the scene, obtain their name, badge number and incident number from them.

 How long does the reporting process take?

Typically you should allow about 15-20 minutes once you arrive. In inclement weather it can take longer dependent on demand.

 What should I bring with me when I report?

Ideally both parties should attend at the same time to speed the process. We will need to view the vehicle that was damaged; your driver's license, vehicle permit (ownership) and insurance slip.  If there is a witness, their contact information is important.

 What should I expect once I get to a Collision Reporting Centre?

A representative will examine your licence, permit and insurance information for validity. The representitive will enter your portion of the report into a computer.  After viewing your damage, a photograph of the damaged area will be taken to confirm the damage. You will receive a card with the officer's name and an incident number. You will need that when you report the collision to your insurer.

 Does a Collision Reporting Centre take Hit and Run reports?

Hit and Runs incidents can be reported at a Collision Reporting Centre. However, a police officer will be dispatched to the scene if the suspect vehicle is still in the area of the collision.

 How do I obtain a copy of a collision report?

Collision reports are supplied by Accident Support Services Limited (ASSL) for any incidents after January 22, 2019.  

Accident Support Services Limited will provide collision reports only to the person or business directly involved through their insurance company.  Contact ASSL at  For other enquiries:

  1. Law firms whose client was directly involved, contact the Ministry of Transportation.
  2. Persons or businesses who sustained damage to their property as a direct result of a motor vehicle collision, contact Ministry of Transportation.
  3. Pedestrians or passengers directly involved in a motor vehicle collision, contact the Ministry of Transportation.
  4. Individuals or law firms requesting officer notes, photos, etc., contact the WRPS Access to Information Unit.


If the collision occurred prior to January 22, 2019 please email the Waterloo Regional Police Service (WRPS) Access to Information at for direction.




Contact Us

How Do I...